AVANT SUPERMERCADO - CAXAMBU

AVANT SUPERMERCADO - CAXAMBU
AVANT SUPERMERCADO - CAXAMBU

domingo, 15 de março de 2015

Daily News - Texto de Paulo Coelho sobre Nhá Chica

The Promise: A miracle fills the soul with peace. When it occurs, we feel a profound reverence for the grace God has granted us

By PAULO COELHO


What is a miracle? There is a definition for every kind of miracle: it may be something that goes against the laws of nature, an act of divine intervention at a moment of great crisis, something which is considered scientifically impossible, etc. 

I have my own definition: a miracle is something that fills the soul with peace. 
Sometimes it manifests itself in the form of a cure or a wish granted, it doesn’t matter — the end result is that, when the miracle occurs, we feel a profound reverence for the grace God has granted us. 

Twenty or more years ago, when I was going through my hippie phase, my sister asked me to be godfather to her first daughter. 
I was thrilled and I was especially pleased that she did not ask me to cut my hair (at the time, it was down to my waist), nor demand an expensive christening present (I didn’t have any money to buy one). 

The baby was born, a year went by and no christening. I thought perhaps my sister had changed her mind and so I went to ask her what had happened. 
She replied: “You’re still the godfather, it’s just that I made a promise to Nhá Chica and I want to have her christened in Baependi because she granted my wish.” 

I didn’t know where Baependi was and I had never even heard of Nhá Chica. 
My hippie phase passed, and I became an executive working for a record company, my sister had another child and still no christening. 
Finally, in 1978, a decision was taken, and the two families, hers and that of her ex-husband, went to Baependi. 

There I learned that Nhá Chica, who did not have enough money to keep herself, had spent the last thirty years building a church and helping the poor. 
I was going through a very turbulent period in my life and I no longer believed in God, or, rather, I no longer believed that the spiritual world was very important. What mattered were the things of this world and what you could achieve here.

I had abandoned the mad dreams of my youth — amongst them was that of becoming a writer — and I had no intention of going back to that dream-world. I was in that church merely to fulfil a social duty. 

While I was waiting for the christening to begin, I started wandering around outside and I ended up going into Nhá Chica’s humble little house next to the church. Two rooms, a small altar with a few images of saints, and a vase containing two red roses and one white rose. 

On an impulse, quite out of keeping with my thinking at the time, I made a promise: if, one day, I manage to become the writer I would like to be, I will come back here when I’m fifty years old and I will bring two red roses and one white rose. I bought a picture of Nhá Chica, purely as a souvenir of the christening. 

On the way back to Rio, there was an accident: the bus in front of me suddenly braked and, with split-second timing, I somehow managed to swerve out of the way, as did my brother-in-law, but the car behind us ran straight into the bus, there was an explosion and several people were killed. We parked at the roadside, not knowing what to do. 
I reached into my pocket for a cigarette and there was the picture of Nhá Chica with her silent message of protection. 

My journey back to dreams, to the spiritual search and to literature began right there, and one day, I found myself back fighting the Good Fight, the fight you undertake with your heart full of peace, because it is the result of a miracle. 
I never forgot the three roses. Finally, my fiftieth birthday — which had seemed so far off at the time — arrived. And it almost passed by. During the World Cup, though, I went to Baependi to fulfil my promise. 

Someone saw me arriving in Caxambú (where I spent the night), and a journalist came to interview me. 
When I told him what I was doing, he said: “Would you like to talk about Nhá Chica. Her body was exhumed this week and the beatification process is with the Vatican now. People should be giving their accounts of their experiences with her.”
“No,” I said. “It’s too personal. I’ll only talk about it if I receive a sign.” 
And I thought to myself: “What sign would that be? The only possible sign would be someone speaking on her behalf!” 

The next day, I bought the flowers, got into my car and went to Baependi. I stopped some way from the church, remembering the record company executive who had gone there all those years before and the many things that had brought me back again. 
As I was going into the house, a young woman came out of a dress shop and said: “I noticed that your book Maktub is dedicated to Nhá Chica. I bet she was really pleased.” 
And she said nothing else. But that was the sign I was waiting for. And this is the public statement I needed to make. 

Translated from the Portuguese by Margaret Jull Costa. (Paulo Coelho is one of the most widely read authors in the world. His best known works include The Alchemist, Eleven Minutes and Manuscript Found in Accra.)




Tradução (*)

The Promise: Um milagre enche a alma de paz. Quando ocorre, sentimos uma profunda reverência pela graça que Deus nos concedeu
Paulo Coelho

O que é um milagre? Existe uma definição para cada tipo de milagre: pode ser algo que vai contra as leis da natureza, um ato de intervenção divina em um momento de grande crise, algo que é considerado cientificamente impossível, etc.
Eu tenho minha própria definição: um milagre é algo que enche a alma de paz.
Às vezes, ela se manifesta sob a forma de uma cura ou um desejo concedido, não importa - o resultado final é que, quando o milagre acontece, sentimos uma profunda reverência pela graça que Deus nos concedeu.

Vinte ou mais anos atrás, quando eu estava passando pela minha fase hippie, minha irmã me pediu para ser padrinho de sua primeira filha.
Fiquei emocionado e eu estava especialmente satisfeito que ela não me pediu para cortar o meu cabelo (na época, foi até a minha cintura), nem exigir um caro batismo presente (eu não tenho dinheiro para comprar um).
O bebê nasceu, um ano se passou e nenhuma batismo. Eu pensei que talvez minha irmã tinha mudado de idéia e então eu fui para perguntar a ela o que tinha acontecido.
Ela respondeu: "Você ainda é o padrinho, mas é que eu fiz uma promessa para Nhá Chica, e quero tê-la batizado em Baependi, porque ela concedida meu desejo."

Eu não sabia onde era Baependi e eu nunca tinha ouvido falar de Nhá Chica.
Minha fase hippie passou, e eu me tornei um executivo que trabalha para uma empresa de registro, minha irmã teve uma outra criança e ainda não batizado.
Finalmente, em 1978, a decisão foi tomada, e as duas famílias, a dela e de seu ex-marido, foi para Baependi.
Lá eu aprendi que Nhá Chica, que não tinha dinheiro suficiente para manter-se, passou os últimos 30 anos construindo uma igreja e ajudando os pobres.
Eu estava passando por um período muito turbulento em minha vida e eu não acreditava mais em Deus, ou melhor, eu já não acreditava que o mundo espiritual foi muito importante. O que importava eram as coisas deste mundo e que você poderia conseguir aqui.
Eu tinha abandonado os sonhos loucos da minha juventude - entre eles era a de se tornar um escritor - e eu não tinha a intenção de voltar a esse mundo de sonhos. Eu estava naquela igreja apenas para cumprir um dever social.

Enquanto eu estava esperando para o batismo para começar, eu comecei a vaguear fora e eu acabei indo em pouco humilde casa de Nhá Chica ao lado da igreja. Dois quartos, um pequeno altar, com algumas imagens de santos, e um vaso com duas rosas vermelhas e uma rosa branca.
Em um impulso, completamente fora de sintonia com o meu pensamento, no momento, eu fiz uma promessa: se, um dia, eu conseguir ser o escritor que eu gostaria de ser, vou voltar aqui quando estou 50 anos de idade e trarei duas rosas vermelhas e uma rosa branca. Eu comprei um retrato de Nhá Chica, puramente como uma lembrança do batismo.
No caminho de volta para o Rio, houve um acidente: o ônibus na minha frente de repente freou e, com fração de segundo tempo, eu de alguma forma conseguiu desviar do caminho, como fez o meu irmão-de-lei, mas o carro atrás de nós correu direto para o ônibus, houve uma explosão e várias pessoas foram mortas. Estacionamos na beira da estrada, sem saber o que fazer.

Enfiei a mão no bolso para um cigarro e lá estava a imagem de Nhá Chica com a sua mensagem silenciosa de proteção.
Minha jornada de volta aos sonhos, à busca espiritual e para a literatura começou bem ali, e um dia, encontrei-me voltar a lutar o bom combate, a luta você se compromete com o coração cheio de paz, porque é o resultado de um milagre.
Nunca me esqueci das três rosas. Finalmente, o meu aniversário de cinquenta anos - que parecia tão distante no tempo - chegou. E ele quase passou. Durante a Copa do Mundo, no entanto, eu fui a Baependi para cumprir minha promessa.

Alguém me viu chegando em Caxambú (onde passei a noite), e um jornalista veio me entrevistar.
Quando eu disse a ele que eu estava fazendo, ele disse: "Gostaria de falar sobre Nhá Chica. O corpo dela foi exumado esta semana e o processo de beatificação está com o Vaticano agora. As pessoas devem estar dando seus relatos sobre as suas experiências com ela. "
"Não", eu disse. "É muito pessoal. Eu só vou falar sobre isso se eu receber um sinal. "

E eu pensei comigo mesmo: "Que sinal que seria isso? O único sinal de possível seria alguém falando em seu nome! "
No dia seguinte, eu comprei as flores, entrei no meu carro e fui para Baependi. Eu parei de alguma forma a partir da igreja, lembrando o executivo de gravadora que tinha ido lá todos esses anos antes e as muitas coisas que me trouxeram de volta.
Como eu estava indo para a casa, uma mulher jovem saiu de uma loja de roupas e disse: "Eu notei que seu livro Maktub é dedicado a Nhá Chica. Aposto que ela estava realmente satisfeita ".

E ela não disse mais nada. Mas aquele era o sinal que eu estava esperando. E esta é a declaração pública de que eu precisava fazer.

Traduzido do Português por Margaret Jull Costa. (Paulo Coelho é um dos autores mais lidos no mundo. Suas obras mais conhecidas incluem o alquimista, Onze Minutos e Manuscrito Encontrado em Accra.)





(*) Tradução realizada pelo Google Tradutor  https://translate.google.com/

Fonte: Daily Mail  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2994907/PAULO-COELHO-Promise-miracle-fills-soul-peace-occurs-feel-profound-reverence-grace-God-granted-us.html